Hash Potato with Spinach and Eggs
- 3/4 pound small white potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- Coarse salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced small
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and diced small
- 1/2 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and excess liquid squeezed out
- 8 large eggs
- 1 ounce grated Parmesan (1/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- In the Cobb Frying Dish/Wok bring the potatoes to a boil in salted water. Cook until potatoes are tender when pierced with a knife and drain and set aside.
- In the Frying Dish/Wok, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium. Add onion and bell pepper and cook until softened, about. Add potatoes and red-pepper flakes; season with salt.
- Cook until potatoes are golden. Add spinach and 1 tablespoon butter and cook, stirring, until butter is melted.
- Make four wells in potato mixture. Crack 2 eggs into each well. Cover and cook until whites are set but yolks are still runny. Sprinkle with Parmesan and parsley and serve immediately.
Remember – to ensure good heat inside the Cobb you should leave the Dome Lid on as much as possible. Throughout the cooking process, each time you lift the Dome Lid, heat escapes.