Gourmet cheese burger
- 500g beef mince
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 onion
- 1 T Worcestershire sauce
- 1 T chutney
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 egg
- Freshly ground pepper
- 4 slices mature cheddar
- Fresh rocket/lettuce
- Slices red onion
- 4 burger buns
- Chop onion finely and sauté in the olive oil until soft.
- Place the hamburger, cooked onions, egg and sauces into a bowl and season. Mix together well (using your hands is best).
- Shape into even patties and rest in the fridge for half an hour.
- Light a cobblestone and wait a few minutes until it has turned grey. Or, if you don’t have a cobblestone, ready your charcoal briquettes in the Cobb.
- Place the griddle on the Cobb, the lid on and let it heat up nicely for at about 5 minutes.
- Butter the burger buns in the meantime.
- Rub your burgers with a little oil. Remove the lid and place on the grid. Turn once after about 5-7 minutes and cook for the same amount of time on the other side.
- Place the slices of cheese on top for the last few minutes of cooking.
- Place the buttered buns onto the grid for a few minutes as well to crisp up.
- Build your burger – we added tomato sauce at the base, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, succulent burger patty, then tomato and mayo on the top bun. Delicious!